Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ronnie James Dio / Joan Jett

Let me first start by saying I am pretty bummed by the loss of Ronnie James Dio. I will get back to that in a minute.

The weekend was pretty awesome. I headed down south to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and I have to say she was pretty good. She still looks great. From what I could tell she still has a great ass. The leather pants may have helped that, but either way she looked good. She played everything you would have expected, even though I was surprised that I Love Rock n Roll was not her last song. Songs I didn't know I will be honest I felt bored, but the ones I knew I loved it. She is awesome. One rock chick that has stood the test of time. I will share one of my favorite Joan Jett tunes.





It did suck that the weekend had to end on such a shitty note with the passing of Ronnie James Dio. I was lucky enough to see him a couple times live. One of those as solo DIO and one with Heaven and Hell. I watched this guy put on a great show at the age of 65. Still had great pipes and put on a great show. I never had the privilege of meeting him, but everyone I've known that had said he was one of the nicest guys in the world. Another great thing about Dio was that I got to meet a great friend of mine through his music. I owe it to the song Holy Diver. She heard the song on the radio and sent an e-mail to thank me and we traded a few e-emails and the rest is history. I still dig the tune Holy Diver, but Heaven and Hell was the first time I ever heard Dio so I would like to share that video with you.



Horns Up! Dio's music will live on for generations.

No comments: